• Image 05

Explosive-Limit

• Image 06

Insult in a sexy way

The 'We Want Maps' Topic | Forum

SittingDucked
SittingDucked Feb 28
OK, so you want maps.

Which maps do you want and why do you think they would make good Inf only maps?

Post away, or it will be endless rounds of Pearl for all eternity... 

Share:
Sabivach
Sabivach Feb 28
Endless Pearl yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay :D
giveusbeer
giveusbeer Feb 28

hard to answer, not much inf maps

imho pearl is best inf map by far because it mix close combat with also enough (but not too much) fun for the snipers, require skills because all points can be reached from different directions so its not - lets put 2 supports with ammo boxes and no one will pass - ever (locker, metro)

propaganda is also good for me, similar to pearl but more open, if you dont want to expose to snipers you have city flags, if you want to snipe or take a risk you have B and D on the other side

flood zone its ok for me, most of the flags are not too far, there are a lot of building with interiors which make it real inf. map, fun in close combat and also some fun for the snipers too

zavod day is ok for me, fight inside the buildings and also in nature make it different from pearl and flood zone

if B2K looks for the new maps maybe those maps could be considered 

sunken dragon - like pearl combine fighting in the close quarters and open space, also majority of flags are fairly close which is important for inf map

operation mortar - could be fun because its the sea map, combine some buildings with always interesting hill with the castle, also flags are not too distant

caspian border - its good classic map with fight in open spaces so it would be interesting to see will squads cooperate because of the map size you can hardly rely on other squad support or medic

I was also thinking (sinking) about Whiteout and Hammerhead but distances are maybe too great

Sabivach
Sabivach Mar 1
Try changing default loading map to at least chain link gay market. It would make it more interesting, and when there are more than 20 players, it can change to any other map or mode. All other maps are fine for inf only. Some are big, but there is conquest small to take care of it, like b2k used to do for dragon valley, or Oman. 

Sunken dragon and lumpini garden are my least played favourites. Lets not forget Hainan resort, which is fine all round map.

The Forum post is edited by Sabivach Mar 1
Staazvaind Dev
Staazvaind Mar 1

Quote from giveusbeer

imho pearl is best inf map by far because it mix close combat with also enough (but not too much) fun for the snipers, require skills because all points can be reached from different directions so its not - lets put 2 supports with ammo boxes and no one will pass - ever (locker, metro)

propaganda is also good for me, similar to pearl but more open, if you dont want to expose to snipers you have city flags, if you want to snipe or take a risk you have B and D on the other side

flood zone its ok for me, most of the flags are not too far, there are a lot of building with interiors which make it real inf. map, fun in close combat and also some fun for the snipers too

zavod day is ok for me, fight inside the buildings and also in nature make it different from pearl and flood zone

sunken dragon - like pearl combine fighting in the close quarters and open space, also majority of flags are fairly close which is important for inf map

operation mortar - could be fun because its the sea map, combine some buildings with always interesting hill with the castle, also flags are not too distant

caspian border - its good classic map with fight in open spaces so it would be interesting to see will squads cooperate because of the map size you can hardly rely on other squad support or medic

I was also thinking (sinking) about Whiteout and Hammerhead but distances are maybe too great

Quote from Sabivach Try changing default loading map to at least chain link gay market. It would make it more interesting, and when there are more than 20 players, it can change to any other map or mode. All other maps are fine for inf only. Some are big, but there is conquest small to take care of it, like b2k used to do for dragon valley, or Oman. 

Sunken dragon and lumpini garden are my least played favourites. Lets not forget Hainan resort, which is fine all round map.

i have tested all maps and watched comments and more importantly player fluctuation.
all other maps than the ones right now lead into either / or :
- loosing players
- bad mood
- server not filling (every round end many ppl leave so the next map needs to be one that gets players attention)

- mode change is something we have tested as well. same to adaptive slots / map sizes.

if ppl want to play chainlink, they go on a chainlink server. if chainlink is running on our server, ppl dont join as they
expect conquest large to be running.

just see how ppl behave to changes in rules - its ridicilous.
it all ends always in whining and "this was a good server - now not anymore".
always.

thats why i m relatively fed up with bf4 community. lots of whine, only few loyal players
who try to be constructive (like you guys) and always demanding stuff but never giving
anything. standard mindset of bf4 players: the server owners should lay a red carpet for
me coming on their server.

:P

anyway, cant really blame the community or players as most of the issues are by design
and should be directed to dice directly. its utter bullshit that small changes in numbers
lead to your server not being found in server browser anymore etc.pp.

if i had more time and money i would work more on my own game but as it is right now
i can be happy to efford some megascan textures at most and proceed in small steps.
Sabivach
Sabivach Mar 1
Why are we even discussing it then? If everyone wants gay market, make it gay market inf.only, problem solved.

Also ban bipods, gadgets, snipers, and let everyone run around as assaults, no reviving, just m320.

The Forum post is edited by Sabivach Mar 1
Bauch5
Bauch5 Mar 1
Yeah, a few different maps would be good. I thought Caspian Border worked quite well.
But Staaz is right, we do see massive player drop off for certain maps.
Seems like Pearl and Propaganda are the only 2 that keep players.

Did we ever try:
- Dawnbreaker
- Lancang Dam
- Rogue Transmission
- Nansha Strike?
Staazvaind Dev
Staazvaind Mar 1

Quote from Bauch5 Yeah, a few different maps would be good. I thought Caspian Border worked quite well.
But Staaz is right, we do see massive player drop off for certain maps.
Seems like Pearl and Propaganda are the only 2 that keep players.

Did we ever try:
- Dawnbreaker
- Lancang Dam
- Rogue Transmission
- Nansha Strike?

yes.

playstyle / player fluctuation

dawnbreaker: ppl camp on roofs big time / moderate , its not too bad fluctuation wise
lancang dam: bad cover for flag to flag move - lots of open field camping / ppl leave server on round begin big time "too much walking"
rogue transmission: bad map design - moderate camping factor / less attractive - if i have to judge its more off a server killer than attractor
nansha strike: lots of camping / but more of a server-filler, attracted players IF they have the addon
sunken dragon: bad design, us team has big flag advantage / high rate of loosing team leavers but not a server killer
operation mortar: pretty much equal to nansha strike
caspian border: many people whined about the map / later evening time a server killer

have in mind: bf4 is constantly loosing players. the uptime of maps/server has decreased by over 70% !
why we are discussing ? so you get a clue what has to be thought of and to give you an idea what we have been through.
this doesnt have to hold you off your opinion - constructive input is always welcome.

if people would not only criticise but also help (starting the server !) to reach a stable playercount
early evening we would be in a better situation to add maps.

back the days before all addons this was a zavod only no sniper server and all was fine. things changed
and we always adepted, so please dont think its all written into stone but also take the experience i got.

cheers
The Forum post is edited by Staazvaind Mar 1
Joecalone
Joecalone Mar 1

Quote from giveusbeer

I would also agree with Sunken Dragon and Operation Whiteout, I think it would be great.

I also feel Dragon Valley would be good now that snipers/DMRs are banned as less people would camp at the side of the island looking for cheap kills at D and A.

Personally I felt the old selection of maps was a good mix, I would love to see Guilin Peaks come back.

I think Hangar 21 would be amazing as it's a 100% infantry focused night map, which is where HC mode seems to shine. 

Staazvaind Dev
Staazvaind Mar 2
hangar21 is one of the worst camper maps m8.
we have had it as well.
due to our inf-only setup the fun part, the pods, dont spawn and
ppl camp at the left map boundary with bipods or in the hangar entrance.

if you guys want i can get a second server for you guys to see it for yourself,
but that would demand you all coming online together to crowd it.

i added caspian, dragon, nansha and mortar to the list - check if it suits you

on nansha and mortar i would like to read some feedback in here - thanks.
The Forum post is edited by Staazvaind Mar 2
Bauch5
Bauch5 Mar 2
Yeah, Hangar21 sounds like hell on earth. It's rare that you'll get a good round on Sunken Dragon.

At the moment it feels like we can't please any one on the server. We have people moaning about every map, people moaning about the rules, people moaning about the players lol.

We do have quite a few new faces joining the server but a lot of them seem put off by the sniper rules.

I look forward to playing those maps, I think it'll take a while for people to get used to them, find their favourite spots etc
Joecalone
Joecalone Mar 2

Quote from Staazvaind hangar21 is one of the worst camper maps m8.
we have had it as well.
due to our inf-only setup the fun part, the pods, dont spawn and
ppl camp at the left map boundary with bipods or in the hangar entrance.

if you guys want i can get a second server for you guys to see it for yourself,
but that would demand you all coming online together to crowd it.

i added caspian, dragon, nansha and mortar to the list - check if it suits you

on nansha and mortar i would like to read some feedback in here - thanks.
That's great thanks! To be honest I really don't mind what new maps are added as long as something is added.

As much as I like Zavod and Pearl, they can get a bit tiring if played over and over again.

Staazvaind Dev
Staazvaind Mar 2
i know and welcome
Bauch5
Bauch5 Mar 3
Played a round of Nansha and Mortar this evening. Both worked as inf only. I think Mortar will bring in more complaints than Nansha as the bipod LMGs really dominate, Nansha feels like a good balance between close and medium range fights. The island flags help prevent a grindfest by spreading the battle out.

People stuck around for the maps, the server didn't empty as much.

I asked what people thought at the end of the round on Nansha and I think 3 people answered, all from the losing side, saying it was shit.

Had a round of Caspian as well, again it worked well.

All the maps had the usual moans, either about the maps or rule changes.

Staazvaind Dev
Staazvaind Mar 3
thx for feedback.
i expected more whining on those maps like the last time we had them running.
so we leave them on and check the join leave rate via stats-page.
Joecalone
Joecalone Mar 3
I was on for a round of Dragon Valley and then Operation Mortar. I think Dragon Valley worked very well, there was a good mix between short-range engagements at B and C, and then long range engagements from the hills and from B to A. The score was also very well balanced, but that could be just due to the particular team arrangement that round.

The round on Mortar started off promising, but began to majorly slow down 10-15 minutes in to the round. Because of the large scale of the map, as Bauch5 said, bipods really are overly effective, and each team tended to just stay on the points they had and try and snipe each other with rifles and machine guns which led to a very drawn-out round. 

This is just my initial experience though, I'll play a few more rounds on each map and see how they pan out.

Staazvaind Dev
Staazvaind Mar 3
dragon valley has been on "for years" - i got all data to this map.
the reason i took it off was the fact that rounds didnt fill the server
anymore and dragon has to run as small map and small maps have
only few tickets. it was just a precaution.

concerning mortar - yeah, its like i remembered it.
Joecalone
Joecalone Mar 3

Quote from Staazvaind dragon valley has been on "for years" - i got all data to this map.
the reason i took it off was the fact that rounds didnt fill the server
anymore and dragon has to run as small map and small maps have
only few tickets. it was just a precaution.

concerning mortar - yeah, its like i remembered it.
Would it be possible to only have some of the more popular maps (Zavod/Pearl) when the sever is starting and then allow the other maps like Dragon Valley etc to be voted for once the server has filled up a bit? I've never hosted a Battlefield server so I'm not sure how much control you can have over these things
Staazvaind Dev
Staazvaind Mar 4
had it as my own script but there is only ONE map consistantly filling the server: pearl market.
all others lead into problems.

zavod does not make sense with <24 players while pearl can even make fun on 5 vs 5.
Bauch5
Bauch5 Mar 4
Had another round on Mortar and Nansha this evening. People had fun on Nansha even though we were getting our asses kicked and god knows why but people seem to love the bipod LMG fest that is Mortar.
Pages: 1 2 »